Friday, January 2, 2009

Introduction



It is now 2009 and Noah and I have entered this year with a shared passion for fly fishing.  The spark reignited with me late last summer and as exploded with full force which has become even a little obsessive at times.  As my fishing outing became more and more frequent Noah’s interest has grown and grown. 

            At first I always packed along a carton of night crawlers and let him do the bait and bobber thing, but he quickly graduated to chucking spinners.  As he watched my catch a few fish on the fly rod he became more and more interested in fly fishing.  We soon began tying nymphs and a casting bobber to his spin rod and fishing that way.  At Christmas he got his first fly rod, a 6 1/2 foot eagle claw noodle rod.  We also began tying flies together.  Although the last 1/2 of 2008 was filled with some interesting stories, I am choosing to let those go and begin a fishing journal for the new year of 2009.  Noah accompanies me on most of my fishing excursions so he will definitely be a central character.  I see this as a special year for both of us as we both learn and grow in this newfound love that we share. 

No comments: